- 0 (Registered)
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) – Diane Renz
Delivery : Digital Download Immediately
Is your client caught up in chaos, anxious thoughts, overwhelming depression or stress? Your client comes to you to help them make progress and meaningful change in their life, but nothing seems to be working. Take action today and help your client get their life back.
Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Mindfulness- Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is the treatment approach that can transform your clients’ lives and your practice.
Don’t wait to join all the professionals across the country embracing this therapeutic approach. Join Mindfulness expert and MBSR teacher Diane Renz, who trained with Jon Kabat-Zinn, and learn how MBSR can:
- Move the client from reactivity to responsiveness
- Shift the client from habits of negative perception to meaning and sense of agency
- Overcome anxiety, depression, pain and stress related symptoms
- Dramatically improve physical, mental and emotional conditions
- Increase resiliency and wellbeing
- Strengthen self-regulation and stabilize attention & focusb
- Present the core beliefs of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) as they relate to clinical treatment.
- Implement various mindfulness practices utilized to decrease stress and improve symptomology.
- Teach clients how to integrate specific informal mindfulness interventions into their daily lives to alleviate symptoms and improve level of functioning.
- Articulate the effectiveness of MBSR techniques in treating pain, stress, anxiety and panic in clients.
- Appraise the applicability of neuroscience research to stress reduction and ascertain its clinical implications.
- Determine specific adaptations of MBSR practices that can be utilized to treat symptoms of anxiety, depression, addiction and trauma.
Foundational Principles of MBSR
- History of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Theoretical Foundation for MBSR
- The Psycho-Educational Format of MBSR
- Ethical and Moral Principles
- The Mind/Body Connection
- MBSR as Adjunct to Medicine and Psychotherapy
The MBSR Curriculum—Goals and Objectives
- Core Skills in MBSR
- Clarifying, Setting and Reaffirming Intention
- Cultivating a Witnessing Awareness
- Stabilizing Attention
- Strengthening Self-Regulation
- Stress Management and Symptom Control
- Affect Regulation
- Cultivating Loving-Kindness and Acceptance
- Use of Homework
Establishing and Communicating Mindfulness in MBSR
- Formal Mindfulness Practices in MBSR:
- The BodyScan
- Sitting Meditation
- Mindful Movement/Yoga
- Walking Meditation
- Sensory Awareness
- Loving-Kindness Meditation
- Informal Mindfulness Practices in MBSR
- Incorporating Mindfulness into Daily Activities
- Establishing Mindfulness Cues for Daily Life
- Use of S.T.O.P.
- The Three Minute Breathing Space
- Communication Tools in MBSR
- Inter-Personal Mindfulness
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication
- The Process of Inquiry
Clinical Issues in MBSR
- Benefits and Contraindications
- Overcoming Anxiety
- Working with Depression, Negative Cognitions and Ruminations
- Working with Pain and Stress-Related Symptoms
- Working with Addictions: Affect Regulation and Impulse Control
- Interface with Psychotherapy Adaptations to Client-Specific Settings, Populations and Conditions
Evidence-Based Research on MBSR
- Effect on Physical Conditions
- Effect on Mental Functioning and Conditions
- Effect on Emotional Functioning and Conditions
- Neuroscience Research – Effect of MBSR on the Brain
If you do not see the curriculum, please contact us to get update.
- ›› Comodo SSL encryp
- ›› Learn Anywhere on any device
- ›› Lifetime Support
- ›› Full lifetime access
- ›› Language: English