Kelly Wearstler Teaches Interior Design
In her new MasterClass, Kelly Wearstler, an award-winning interior designer and creative powerhouse whose work has been celebrated around the globe, demystifies the world of interior design and teaches you techniques that can elevate any space. Learn Kellys creative process, from concept to completion, and go behind the scenes to see her approach in action. Develop the tools to make small rooms feel larger, cultivate your personal style and creativity, and choose color, materials, furniture, lighting, art, and objects to create spaces that tell a story and inspire you every single day.
Kelly Wearstlers creative journey began when she was a child, always drawn to color and pattern and the objects she discovered with her mother at flea markets. Now shes recognized as a creative force in the design world, credited with helping revolutionize modern American design. Her narrative-focused, experiential work has shaped residential, hotel, commercial, and retail environments, and thats in addition to the success of her popular wallpaper and lifestyle product lines and brand collaborations. Shes been honored internationally with design awards, and shes a designer of choice among the celebrity set.
An influencer behind the rise of designer hotels in the early 2000s, Kelly uses her dynamic and multilayered approach to space to help designers reimagine modern luxury and site-specific designs. Shes currently designing for high-profile residential hotel living, and her work at San Francisco Proper Hotel, Four Seasons Anguilla, BG Restaurant at Bergdorf Goodman, the Viceroy Hotels and Residences, and Tides Miami are among her most celebrated projects so far. Shes also the author of four design books and regularly lands on the best-of lists in high-end design publications worldwide.
In this online class, youll learn about:
– Finding inspiration anywhere
– Cultivating your style and creative voice as a designer
– How to plan an interior design project
– Working with the space you have and making spaces feel larger
– Highlighting architectural features
– Problem-solving through creative interior design
– Choosing and mixing dynamic materials
– Selecting color and building a color scheme
– Incorporating texture and pattern
– Working with natural light and using lighting to create a mood
– Making the right furniture choices
– Curating collections of art and objects
– Kellys creative journey and the business of interior design