- 0 (Registered)
2020 Just Got a Call About an Employment Matter . . . What the Heck Do I Do?!
Attorneys are often asked if they handle employment or wrongful termination matters and, all too often, simply respond: “I’m sorry, but we don’t handle those types of cases.” In this presentation, John M. Eccher and Paige Sparks of the Eccher Law Group will provide thoughts for attorneys who don’t typically “handle those types of cases” to identify deadlines and key issues to help determine if a viable case may exist. Mr. Eccher and Ms. Sparks, who devote a major portion of their practice to representing plaintiffs in such matters, will also provide a roadmap for taking initial steps to protect both any such potential claimant and the law firm itself.
- a) Deadlines/Statutes of Limitations: Strict deadlines are likely to apply in any employment matter, regardless of whether the employee is still employed or has been terminated, some necessitating action that same day. This presentation will help practitioners begin to identify any such deadlines, such that they can act accordingly to protect such employees/former employees…and themselves.
- b) Applicable Law/Identifying Viable Claims: Employment law is complicated when compared to standard “personal injury cases,” particularly considering its unique deadlines, possible administrative process, and recent changes in the law. This presentation will provide a basic understanding of employment claims under Missouri law.
- c) Intake Process: “So what information do I need? How do I go about getting it?” In this presentation, Mr. Eccher and Ms. Sparks will share their “intake process” used in preparing to evaluate cases for prosecution.
- d) Initial Steps: Whether drafting a letter to an employer on behalf of an employee, requesting a service letter, filing a Charge of Discrimination, or filing a lawsuit, this presentation intends to give a basic understanding of the first steps to take in an employment matter and how to taken them.
- e) “CYA:” In addition, Mr. Eccher and Mrs. Sparks will share some of the steps that they take throughout the employment intake/representation process to document communications, confirm potential client/client understandings, decline/terminate representation, etc.
Speakers: John M. Eccher and Paige Sparks, Eccher Law Group, St. Louis
John EccherRelated seminars and products
Eccher Law Group
John M. Eccher is a trial attorney at the Eccher Law Group. Mr. Eccher devotes a large amount of his practice to protecting the rights of employees in various capacities, including prosecution of discrimination/retaliation/other employment-related claims, severance negotiations, etc. Mr. Eccher’s judgments/settlement in such cases total in excess of $10,000,000.00.
Paige SparksRelated seminars and products
Eccher Law LLC
Paige Sparks is a trial attorney at the Eccher Law Group, with her practice focused on representing plaintiffs, in both federal and state court, in complex civil litigation, particularly involving employment and civil rights. In just the past year, Ms. Sparks has helped recover more than $2,000,000.00 for clients.
- 1 2020 Just Got a Call About an Employment Matter . . . What the Heck Do I Do?!
If you do not see the curriculum, please contact us to get update.
- ›› Comodo SSL encryp
- ›› Learn Anywhere on any device
- ›› Lifetime Support
- ›› Full lifetime access
- ›› Language: English